By consolidating your employees’ pay information, time-off, and time attendance records, Grove HR's Payroll Preparation will help you review salaries in a few clicks, save time, and avoid costly mistakes.
Table of content
- How does it work?
- How do I configure GroveHR Payroll Preparation?
- Who has access to GroveHR Payroll Preparation features?
- Payroll Settings (For HR and authorized people)
- Payroll General Settings
- Examples of how pro-rata works
How does it work?
Every Pay Cycle, a consolidated Payroll Preview will be automatically prepared. It will include the following salary information for easy review:
- Employees’ gross salaries
- Recurring compensation items (such as monthly allowances)
- One-off compensation items
- Salary deduction from unpaid time-off (or hours where employees have not clocked in/out if you are using time attendance records to pay employees)
- Salary adjustments due to previous month offsets (if any)
- Overtime hours (if you are using the time attendance data to pay overtime)
It will also summarize your employee bank details and important job changes to which you need to pay attention when calculating salaries (such as changing from probationary period to an official employee for example).
After review, you will be able to export this data into an Excel file and share it with your accounting / C&B team for further processing.
In order to get started, there are several steps you need to configure.
NOTE: In the current release, we do not support the calculation from gross to net salaries.
How do I configure GroveHR Payroll Preparation?
There are 3 main parts you will need to set up before being able to use Grove HR Payroll Preparation:
Setup your general pay settings and cycles (i.e. what currency to use, when to pay employees, enable or disable Overtime tracking, etc.)
- Set up your pay structure (i.e. what are the recurring compensation items, how often do you need to pay them, etc.)
- Set up your employees' gross salaries and their compensations.
Once those basic configuration steps are properly completed, you will be able to start using Grove HR Payroll Preparation and save hours of manual data consolidation every month!
Who has access to GroveHR Payroll Preparation features?
With an administrator account, you can configure who has access to the Payroll Preparation features, as well as who can view/edit employee salary data.
Please see this detailed guideline on how to set up the Payroll Preparation permission.
PAYROLL SETTING: (For HR and authorized people)
Easy access to employee’s general information, allowing you to simplify the payroll process and control the Pay Cycle and compensations in advance. All of these features are easily adjustable.
The payroll features include:
- The payroll cycle
- Recurring payments
- Payroll preparation
- Closing and exporting payroll
- Integrating time attendance and Time Off data with payroll
- Import Salary/Recurring for employees
- Editing employee salary manually
These features allow you to keep your company’s payroll files orderly and streamlined, saving time, and avoiding costly accounting errors.
Payroll General Settings
- In the main menu, locate and click on the Payroll module
- Next, click Settings and go to General. In General, you can configure the following fields:
- Currency: Select the currency your company currently use
- Calculate Monthly Salary Based On (To calculate prorate salaries for employees who join in the middle of your payroll cycle): You can choose a value with the following options:
Actual calendar days
Actual working days
Fixed days: 21 days, 22 days, 23 days, etc.
3. Click Save to confirm action
CAUTION: Fields in the General tab CANNOT be adjusted after saving. We recommend careful consideration before saving.
The following examples illustrate meticulously how pro-rata work.
Pro-rata means calculating the salary that an employee can earn on a day-to-day basis when they join or leave within the month.
The following examples demonstrate 3 different methods to calculate an employee's salary based on the date he/she joins.
Ex: An employee joins on the 10th of the month. Employee’s salary is $1000.
- The currency will be applied to all employees and all pay cycles.
- After saving, other options in General Settings will be disabled.