Onboarding and Offboarding tasks can be created with a different set of rules for the purpose of acquiring information, documents, or asking the assignee to do certain actions.
Task assigning is not limited to just the newcomers and resigning employees. It can also be assigned to the HR in charge, line manager, or an employee group so they can prepare the necessary things for Onboarding/Offboarding (Ex: prepare a welcome kit, set up seating plan, etc).
Before creating an Onboarding or Offboarding task, make sure an Onboarding/ Offboarding template had been established in advance. Once it is set up, follow the steps below:
1. From the Settings tab in Checklists, click on a Template's name to view the task list. A newly created checklist will be empty.
2. Click New Task.
3. Fill out the required fields so the task can be assigned accurately:
a. Task Type:
- The checkbox could be just simple offline tasks (Ex: go over the company's history, visions)
- Employee Information requires the assignee to fill out missing fields in the profile of the onboarding/offboarding employee.
- File Upload requires the assignee to upload a soft-copy document which will be saved in the Documents tab in Employee's profile.
b. Assignee defines who will automatically be assigned the task when a checklist was assigned to the onboarding/offboarding employee.
c. Due Date can be set to a number of days before or after the Join Date/ the Last Working Date of that employee.
Optionally, provide a task description. This can be the instruction on how to complete the task or links to any external resources that may be necessary to complete the task.
4. Click Create when finishing.
- Asterisks (*) indicate required fields.
- To view their uploaded files, the Admin or person in charge will need to confirm the Onboarding as done.